Back to projects

ProjectNorthcote Apartments

Description

Located on Ruckers Hill Northcote, one of Melbourne’s best vantage points overlooking the city skyline, this building sits within an important heritage precinct. The original Northcote Presbyterian Church is an imposing dual tower French Romanesque building which was built in 1894 and later followed by the construction of the adjoining Sunday school building to the east. In 2001 the building was sold and converted to 4 residences over 3 levels. Each of the dwellings has its own character due to its location within the parent building. Also forming part of this development was the conversion of the Sunday School into a single residence and the construction of a new building containing 14 apartments on a vacant allotment also previously owned by The Church. Inarc has managed to retain the intact nature of the precinct while at the same time adopting a new sustainable residential use.